Sunday, December 1, 2013

Running Happy!!!

The last month of 2013 is upon us, and I think I am ending the year on a few positive notes:  my running's really coming along well with few (if any) running aches/pains. Plus, I'm also seeing some significant improvement, and I'm hoping to carry this over to some trail runs in the near future (specifically, Bandera 100k).

I'm also really looking forward to this week for a couple reasons and thought I'd share:

1.  My long Cross Country season finally comes to an end. I love coaching, but I'm looking forward to ending my day at 4:15pm and going home...to run, of course. Yes, I'm being a bit selfish, but it's been quite stressful at work, and sometimes I do wanna make it all about me. I will admit that some days are so stressful that Cross Country practice is my outlet - especially since it usually means I will be running with the team. Nevertheless, it'll be coming to an end, I had quite a few of eager young runners, and they all improved from week 1 'til now.

2.  Later this week I find out if I (and/or some of my buddies) get selected to run Western States 100. The lottery/selection takes place on Saturday, and although we have a 6.4% chance of getting selected, I'm still thinking positive...talk about a loooooong shot.

3.  Tomorrow I start coaching a local group of runners locally a few times a week: Running 101, and I'm really excited. Meeting new people interested in running always excites me. Perhaps, it's their excitement - it's contagious.

4.  Finally, tomorrow I (finally) start running with some friends at 5am...well...I'm a little flexible on this one, but as of right now, I am in!!!

Run happy, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment