Thursday, July 14, 2016

Do You Believe In Coincidences?

Do you believe in coincidences? I really don't, but sometimes how can you explain things?

Yesterday, I went with some friends to run in La Sal Del Rey. I was a little fatigued from having run earlier in the day, so I ended up doing a brisk walk. Besides, it was so peaceful out there, a walk seemed to good to pass.

Let me back up a little...I have a friend, Bengi, whom I haven't seen or run with in several years. We used to run together all the time. Several years ago during a run, she told me she thought that in 2004 (before we'd met), she'd been my grandmother's hospice nurse. I asked her if she was the nurse that comforted my grandmother during her last few days/weeks. The one that I remember praying with her and my grandfather. Amazingly, it was her. Who would've thought that we would meet years later and become good friends?

Fast forward to yesterday's walk...The walk at La Sal Del Rey. It was such a peaceful walk that I had plenty of time to think. I thought of many things. Of many people. Specifically, I thought about my grandmother and Bengi. How she'd comforted my grandfather after my grandmother passed. I'll be honest, it made me tear up a bit.

I thought about my grandmother. I thought about Bengi. I hadn't seen her or run with her in about 4 years.

Earlier today, Bengi sent me a text that she'd been thinking about me. I quickly responded that "I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU YESTERDAY. YOU AND MY GRANDMOTHER WHEN SHE PASSED!!!!"

Her response made me tear up again. "...Thanks, Ben. Those memories will always be with me. Ur grandma is always with me."


No comments:

Post a Comment