Friday, July 8, 2016

"That Run Sucked!!!" said nobody ever...I tell myself.

"That run sucked!" said i think nobody ever in the history of running. This is what I think every time my runs suck, and lately, it's been pretty frequently. I think we often convince ourselves that we are the only ones whose runs are terrible - that everyone else's runs are always awesome, on target pace, etc.

Well, it's not true. Many times, runs do not go or feel as planned. We just have to get over them and move one...as difficult as this might be.

Plus, I've learned that there are many things that play a factor into our runs. Just bear with me, 'cause it's only a theory. It's kind of a 2 part theory even though the 2nd part could stand on its own (or has very little to do with the 1st part, but that's neither here nor there).

Many outside factors determine what type of run we have. We run late in the evening because of the heat/humidity. Just a thought, but if we have a perfect day, the run should be perfect, no? Who has a perfect day? Not this guy. Probably not you either. Now, I know what you might be thinking - "Says the guy who's off for the next 7 weeks!" It's true. We have sucky days. There's physical/mental stress, we might be on our feet all day, working a 12 hour shift, financial problems, have personal problems that we are dealing with (our own or our friends/family). You name it - it takes its toll.

And we can't forget the weather. It's brutal down here. The humidity will kick your butt whether you run in the morning (which I can't get up for) or the evening. I've tried both with the same result.

Finally, if you're like me and don't follow best hydration or diet plan, you'll pay the price too.

So I don't want to hear that you're in a slump or are gonna hang up your running shoes. It's not that bad. It happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment